Thursday, January 12, 2012

NC Title transfer - from my parents to me. HELP!!?

I paid for my car in full back in 2003, but since I was a minor, it's in my parents name. I just switched my car insurance into my name instead of my parents, and now I need to get the title in my name.



Do I have to get new registration and a new plate? Or can they just sign it over? The NC DMV site isn't that helpful.



I don't want to have to pay if I don't need to -- after all, I'm not rebuying and my parents aren't gifting it. I paid for my own car.



Do I need to have them sign the title over to me in front of a notary, and then apply for my own title? I'm so confused!NC Title transfer - from my parents to me. HELP!!?
you need them to sign the title over to you. you send in for a new one. you go and register the car in your name under your insurance policy. be prepared...if you have never registered a car in NC before, you WILL pay the road tax. I believe its around $200 now to register the car. It is a 1 time fee, so any car you purchase after this one you will only have to pay the registration fee.NC Title transfer - from my parents to me. HELP!!?
you will have to get them to sign it over to you

being that it was in their name the tag is in their name right?

you will have to send off for a new title

get another tag/ regristration

all that good stuffNC Title transfer - from my parents to me. HELP!!?
just have parents sign title to you and get bill of sale...even if u say its a gift the dmv/or in VA] the government..will tax book value... make bill of sale fo 1000 dollars...no notery needed in my state

No comments:

Post a Comment