Thursday, January 12, 2012

Should I take a pay cut to work for a NC Tag Office?

I have worked for my company for 7 years, the hours are 8:30-6 Mon-Fri and 9-5 on Saturdays, I am paid $75 flat per day after taxes, we have no insurance and no benefits.



I was offered a job at my local NC DMV Tag office making $8 an hour starting out, the hours would be 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri, no saturdays, and the benefits start after the 1st year of being there which include a 401-k type plan, bonus programs, 13 paid holidays, and Notary Bonuses, but No insurance (my current employer does not carry ins either).



I am just stumped at which job to choose, the pay is about the same (hourly) but alot less hours. I calculated, and i will be loosing approx. 600 a month.............. Should I take a pay cut to work for a NC Tag Office?
But you will get benefits and perhaps the ability for promotions down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment